Thursday, July 28, 2016

Zone Interviews

We have spent the last two weeks traveling to each Zone in the Mission, we have 11 Zones.  Villahermosa is in the middle of the Mission, Acayucan and Coatzacolcos are at the East end about 3 hours away and Ciudad del Carmen is to the Northeast corner about 2 1/2 hours away and then Palenque (including Zapata and Tenosique) are to the east about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away. So needless to say, we have been doing a lot of driving in the last two weeks. President Haws has interviewed each missionary in each Zone for a total of about 165.  We started on the west side with Acayucan Zone one day, then Minatitlan- 2 Zones the next day.  Then back to the office for a work day, things keep moving even when we are not there.  Then we went out to a little town called Comalcalco and did the Cardenas Zone.  Then we drove up north to Ciudad del Carmen, it is a port city on the Gulf of Mexico and it is on an island, there we interviewed the Carmen Zone. President takes one missionary into interview him or her and I get to visit with their companion.  I have done my best with Spanish, most of our missionaries are from Spanish speaking countries, so I definitely get to practice my Spanish.  I greet them with my best Spanish greetings and then I ask, habla ingles?  Some say, un poco. But my challenge begins when they say, no.  I say no?  nada, I say nada?  OK, here we go. . .  we then do our best in speaking the language of love and spanish and english.  We have wonderful missionaries in this mission, we love them all and we are getting to know them and see and feel their love of the Lord.
Hermana's in the Acayucan and Minitilan Zones
with Hermana Haws

Missionaries in the Cardenas Zone with President and Hermana Haws

2 comments:

  1. You are my hero, Hermana Haws! Keep up the hard work on your espanol! Lucky missionaries to have a mission mom like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero, Hermana Haws! Keep up the hard work on your espanol! Lucky missionaries to have a mission mom like you!

    ReplyDelete